Calling an expert to provide a service for your home system can be something that many people hesitate to do. We get it–costs aren’t always fun to consider. However, when you work with the right team you can at least make the call to a Fontana plumber knowing that every penny is well spent.
If instead, you are simply hesitating to reach out because you aren’t sure whether your problem really requires a professional, we would love to help clear things up. Here are some issues that you may encounter that do and do not require help from a plumber.
When You Don’t Need a Plumber
We’re going to be honest there aren’t a lot of things we’d recommend trying to DIY. Here are some tasks though that you can probably knock out on your own.
- Plunging the toilet: Have a clogged toilet? If you can clear that clog with a plunger and some elbow grease you probably are okay without our help.
- Cleaning the garbage disposal: Keep your hands out! Use some baking soda, vinegar, and soft ice to clear out some of the built-up debris in your disposal. If this doesn’t work then you may have a deeper issue that requires a professional to fix it.
When to Call in a Professional Plumber
The reality is that, in most cases, it is best to call in the pros. We will always have the right tools, knowledge, and training to get the job done correctly each time. Here are some examples of situations that definitely require a plumber from Sweetwater Plumbing.
- You have a leak in your home. Have a leaky pipe? While there are some home remedies for a situation like this, it is best to call in the pros to get it handled properly. This is especially true if the leak is somewhere that you can’t see.
- You have an immovable clog. Put away the drain cleaning chemicals. Those liquids rarely ever fully address the issue and they have a tendency to harm the pipes they are trying to clean. Instead, come to a plumber who can get the entire clog taken care of using the right tools. They can even help prevent clogs from occurring again anytime in the near future.
- You need to upgrade your plumbing appliances. Whether it is a showerhead, a toilet, a faucet, or another plumbing appliance, it is best to reach out to a professional plumber for help getting it installed. We have the tools to get the job done right and can take into account a variety of factors that the average homeowner may not think of.
- Your water heater is having trouble. If you have a problem with your water heater it is safer and a far easier decision to have a trained plumber look things over. This way you can rest assured your system is in good hands without ever running the risk of injuring yourself.
We don’t charge by the hour, We charge by the job! Contact Sweetwater Plumbing today to get the expert help you need.