Leaking pipes are never fun to discover or to deal with. We aren’t here to change your mind about that. However, what we do want to impress upon you is that a particular type of leak, the slab leak, is something that should be dealt with as quickly as possible. This is what emergency services are for.
Slab leaks are dangerous due to where they are, more than what they are. These leaks can lead to extreme problems in your home and are well worth a call for 24-hour plumbing in Santa Ana to get your repairs underway.
What Defines a Slab Leak
Slab leaks aren’t necessarily a different kind of leak. They can be a pinhole leak or a larger leak and they are still just as serious. What defines these leaks is where they are located and that is in the pipes located underneath the concrete slab or foundation of your home.
Why Slab Leaks Are a Big Deal
Slab leaks are a serious problem. The longer they go unaddressed, the more likely they are to cause serious problems for your home. To be specific, if a slab leak goes on for a long while, it can harm the foundation of your home. This can put your entire home at risk.
Trust us when we say that fixing a leaking pipe as early as possible is far more affordable than fixing your home’s foundation if it becomes cracked.
Finding a Slab Leak
You know that you want to get that slab leak taken care of right away. The question is, how can you figure out if you have a slab leak in the first place. Well, the best way to determine this is to have a technician come by and check out your pipes. You can also be on the lookout for any of these warning signs as well:
- Weaker water pressure to one or more faucets. If there is a leak in the pipes feeding some of your downstairs faucets you may notice weaker water pressure to these appliances.
- Warm spots in the floor of the home. You walk around and there are spots of the floor that feel warmer than others. This can indicate a leak in your hot water line specifically.
- An overactive water meter without cause. Go check your water meter the next time you know that no one is using any plumbing appliances. If your water meter is still showing a higher level of activity it could be due to a leak.
- Puddling around the base of the house. When you can, walk around the exterior of your home. Do you notice puddles around the base of your home? This may be due to a slab leak!
- Visible cracks in the foundation of the home. This is a later-stage warning sign but it is still important to watch for. Any cracks in the foundation or walls of your home may indicate a slab leak that has gone undetected for too long.
Think you may have a slab leak or any other kind of leak? Don’t hesitate to get expert assistance.
We don’t charge by the hour, We charge by the job! Contact Sweetwater Plumbing to get your slab leak repairs started ASAP.